Monday, July 31, 2006

Nothing like a night out gardening…

Sunday is SG’s BWL raiding day and like most Sundays where raiders are available and free, spots are filled in quickly and there are no spots left in the raid. On most Sundays, I am unable to raid on timely manner as I have to attend to other real life matters like a Sunday family dinner and stuff like that.

So yesterday, BWL raid proceeded as normal. With enough paladins in the raid, I just waited for my slot if there was any available. Apparently I was quite late for the raid, approximately 2 hours or so and the raid was already halfway clearing through the mobs/bosses. Not that I am complaining why I didn’t get a slot, it just so happen that the slots are full and I was late for the raid. Meanwhile, I waited around Blackrock Mountain for quicker zone-in time, just in case.

Having 300/300 in Herbalism and 300/300 Mining, I would actually term myself as a Herbalist / Miner due to the professions that I took up. Eventually, I got bored of running around Blackrock Mountain; I went southwards and arrived in the Burning Steppes. I did some riding to search for ores and herbs while waiting for a slot. I ended finding some nice patches of Dreamfoil, Sungrass, Firebloom and Mountain Silversage. I wouldn’t say that the whole place is a garden filled with herbs but at least you have to dismount from time to time to pick up herbs. With regard to ores, I didn’t bother to turn on my “Mine Radar” and I also believed so because the whole area isn’t totally filled with ores. My main concern is after all herbs ‘cause I use a lot of potions during raids.

Suddenly, something struck me about getting a certain herb called Blindweed which is required for making Superior Mana Potion. This potion is a lesser version of the Major Mana Potion but helps in many ways and most important of all, it is more cost effective compared to its better counter part. Thinking about forking out gold for potions makes me shudder as I would need to do hours of mindless farming or instance running. It isn’t all that pretty to farm as a 33 holy / 18 protection spec-ed paladin.

So, after recalling some article and statistic about Blindweed overgrowing in Swamp of Sorrows, I informed my guild class officer and other paladin guildies in our paladin chat accordingly that I will be farming for some herbs a bit, and would require sometime to zone in if my presence is required in the raid. I was promptly approved of my status to farm elsewhere while on standby mode. I mounted up and took the grphon flight to Darkshire, rode onwards passing Deadwind Pass and arrived in Swamp of Sorrows. I spent approximately 1 hour or so herbing around the area and I find it is indeed be overgrowing with Blindweed. If I recall correctly, I ended up with at least 3 stacks of Blindweed along with some other herbs, namely Khadgar’s Whiskers, Fadeleaf, Liferoot, Goldthorn, and I was quite happy with the results.

Next target which is part of the recipe in making Superior Mana Potion; Sungrass! Hinterlands is what the wind tells me about the abundance of Sungrass in that area… Go Charger, go… onwards to the nearest Grpyhon Flightmaster and off to Hinterlands we shall fly…!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home