Thursday, October 19, 2006

Inactivity in WoW.

I haven’t been playing WoW a lot during the past week. Reason due to the fact I was busy with work, other real-life commitments and had a weekend holiday to go outstation. So, I had to put some of my raiding schedules and WoW experiences on hold for a week or so. Hence, the lack of blogging. =(

Meanwhile, I foresee that I wasn’t able to fully utilize my account and would like the idea of my account to be idle. A couple of weeks back, I actually persuaded a close buddy of mine in real life to experience WoW for himself. He was thinking why am I so immersed in WoW? Is it that addictive and engrossing? So, I said to him,

“Look at it like this, since I won’t be playing much during this week, I will break some of the rules that Blizzard provided to me.”
“I wont be worrying you ninja-ing away my account ‘cause I know where you live and I can just easily burn down your house if anything happens.”


He stared at me and I told him I was jokingly being sarcastic. DUH! Why would I burn down the house of my friend which I have known for 7 years?!

“You can have my username and password to create an account in my server. Here, take this CD and install it at your PC so that you can try it out. “


He was reluctant and skeptical about it at first. Excuses like, “I don’t have the time to play.”, “Nah! I don’t think it would be that great. It will just be another MMORPG.”, “I don’t have to money to continue.” and “I don’t want to be addicted like you!” spurted from his mouth zealously trying to reject my offer. At last, I said,

“Ok! I will give you some gold in game and promise to sit down with you to teach you about the World of Warcraft to get you a good head start. Not only that, there will be no expenses to be paid at all, just use my account and get a feel of World of Warcraft. It is free to play for many months to come and you can access it whenever I am not playing. Deal?”

He gave me a squint and agreed to the terms. I cheered while saying he would have the time of his life and WoW isn’t like any of the MMORPG that we have played before. He is now a level 4X Hunter enjoying WoW as much as I do. Whee! Soon I will have another friend joining my ranks in WoW, if he decides to transfer his character out and maintain an account of his own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home